Hello my loves!
Before we jump into this I want to say a massive congrats to the Munster team on beating Toulouse in yesterday Heineken Cup Quarter Final. I’m from Munster so I am a massive fan of the team!
Right onto the important stuff 😉 Like myself, a lot of people love a big dramatic eye when they are going out on the town or to a special event. I especially love the black smokey eye because it really helps to intensify my eye colour, green. So I decided to do this full step by step picture tutorial. I have also included how I contour and highlight my face using the CrownBrush UK palette. I hope you enjoy this look and tweet me pics if you try this out 🙂
- First off we must prime our face with any face primer, I use Porefessional by Benefit.
- Apply a thin layer of foundation to the face because we are using cream concealers, this way it doesn’t look cakey on our faces.
- Next, taking any foundation brush and using the a colour two shades lighter then your foundation apply this to your forehead (in a fan), under your eyes(in a triangle), down the bridge of your nose and on your chin.
- Using a small, foundation brush (I use the real techniques one) take a colour two-three shades darker then your skin and apply this on either side of your forehead, temples, cheekbones, outside of your nose bridge and under your jawline.
- Blend all this out and together for an airbrushed appearance. If you want to deepen the cheekbones more use some bronzer 😉
- Apply your blush, highlighter (I used Naked Flushed) and fill in your eyebrows!
- Prime your eye with eyeshadow primer or concealer. This will help your eyeshadow from creasing and becoming shaggy looking throughout the day and night!
- Using a blending brush, apply a soft brown colour into your crease just as a transition.
- Using a dark grey colour apply this all the way from the outer ‘V’ of your eyelid all the way to the inner corner and BLEND upwards.
THE KEY TO ANY SMOKEY EYE IS TO BUILD UP THE COLOUR!
- Go over this once more with that same dark grey colour and then go in with a matte black shadow. Repeat the previous step by also building up this colour.
- Using a Silver shadow apply this with a flat brush all over the lid. Again, build this up to the intensity that you like.
- Blend once more the Black above the eyelid and down into the outer ‘V’ of the eye.
Keep building up the colours and Blending until you get your desired look!
- Apply some thick black winged liner. (Skip this step to make it less dramatic)
- For under lower lashline, blend some black shadow into the outer half and from the tear-duck bring some of that silver shadow down and blend it into the black! Line your lower lashline with some black liner also 🙂
- Apply some mascara to your lashes and then add some falsies. I used Eye Candy 008.
- Using a nude lipstick and gloss, complete your look and have an amazing overall look!
This look is perfect for everybody, it really compliments all eye-colours and skintone. I love this look and try to wear as often as possible on a night out or occasion. But always remember to BLEND your eyeshadows, this avoids unnecessary lines and makes the eye look flawless and airbrushed.
As always with dark shadows and smokey eyes, practice does make perfect so don’t give up ❤
Until next time, XO
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- Hello Flawless Foundation in Ivory, Benefit
- Sugabomb blush, Benefit
- Naked Flushed Hightlight, Urban Decay
- Browzings, Benefit
- Darkside, Urban Decay
- Soft Washed, MAC
- Carbon, MAC
- Be Natural, Catrice
- Like a Nude Life, Catrice
- Hello Flawless Powder in Ivory, Benefit.