Cleaning your brushes is the most important part of hygiene when it comes to makeup! Bacteria can build easily in your brushes if not washed and can lead to clogged pores and horrible breakouts. I would recommend washing your brushes once a week, pick a day when you don’t have much to do and it will pass some time. Mine is Sunday 🙂 Not only will this post help you clean your brushes but it will also help maintain the quality and longevity of them, brushes can be expensive and we want to get the most out of our investment right? ❤
Luckily cleaning your brushes is easy peasy, it only has a few steps and is very inexpensive!! First you will need to pick up a daily brush cleaner and spray it on your brushes after each use. I will write a post teaching you how to make your own soon 😉
What you will need:
- A shallow bowl
- Clarifying Shampoo/Baby Shampoo
- Bathroom Sink
- Clean Cloth/Face Towel
- Squirt some shampoo into the bowl and leave next to the sink.
- Rinse your brush under lukewarm water to get rid of any makeup caught in-between the bristles! Hold the brush bristle down under the water so you don’t loosen any glue holding the brush together!!
- Next move the brush around in the shampoo in circular motions and leave on the towel!
- Repeat this process with all your brushes! Leaving them on the towel with the shampoo still on them will give them the deep cleanse that they need.
- Rinse out the bowl of any shampoo and fill it with lukewarm water.
- Dip the brush into the now water-filled bowl and wash it clean of the shampoo. Repeat this step!
- Leave the brushes to dry on the towel for a few hours.
*When they dry you will notice them looking and feeling brand new!
And there you have it! May your brushes be forever clean and bacteria free ❤