It has been two months since my last post and because we’re now in a new year I want to start fresh on my blog. This means I plan on having at least 3 posts a week for you guys 🙂
Today’s post is going to be about skin tones and how to determine whether you are warm, cool or neutral. Have you ever bought a foundation or top and wondered why the colour looks so wrong all the while another colour looks amazing on you? Well this post will help you!
The first step to grasping undertones is knowing the skin’s surface is the colour you would describe yourself as; ivory, light, tan, dark ect. And then realising that the undertone lies beneath your skin. While you may have the same skin colour as someone else you can have a completely different undertone. It is broken down like so:
- Cool: Pink, red, blue-ish undertones
- Warm: Yellow, peachy, golden undertones
- Neutral: a mix of warm and cool undertones
One big mistake many people make is assuming pale skin girls cannot be warm toned. WRONG, Nicole Kidman for example is warm toned. The same goes for dark-skinned women not being cool toned, again WRONG. Model Alek Wek is cool toned.
So which are you, these 5 questions will help you determine!
- What colour are your veins? Check your wrist, do they look blue or green? If they look blue/purple you are cool toned. If they appear green you are warm toned, and if you have trouble telling you are neutral.
- What colours do you look best in? Do you find you look so much better in certain colours more than others? If jewel tones such as blues, purples, emerald greens you’re cool toned. If earthy tones look better on you such as oranges, reds, yellows, olive greens then you are warm-toned. And if you are one of the lucky ones who suits everything then you are neutral toned.
- Gold or Silver? Get our your favourite pieces of jewellery, and see which colour you look better in. If gold, you’re warm toned. If silver, you’re cool toned. Do they look equally good? I’m sure you’re getting the hang of this now right?
- Do you burn or tan? How about when you go on those summer holidays, if you easily turn pink you’re cool toned. If you tan you’re warm toned. But ALWAYS wear sun screen people!!
- What are your eyes and hair colour? If you have blue, grey, or green eyes with blonde, brown, or black hair that has platinum tones, you are most likely cool toned. If you have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blonde, auburn, or black hair that has gold tones, you are most likely warm toned.
I really hope this was helpful to you, please let me know if you enjoyed this kind of post! If 2015 didn’t go as planned trust me when I say that mine didn’t either. I lost friends I thought I would have forever, had my heart broken and lost many dear to me. But I also gained so much and I cannot wait to begin 2016 with a whole new slate, new outlook on life and an amazing group of friends, some old some new.
Thanks so much for reading, can’t wait for the new journey.
Follow me on social media and lets be friends!!
- instagram: @kellieodonghue
- twitter: @kellieodonoghue
- pinterest: @foreverkelliex