Hello it’s been awhile, a year to be exact. I’m sorry. I have sat down to write this post for some months now and just haven’t been able to. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to even talk about because I had lost my passion for writing somewhere along the way and I just couldn’t do it anymore. I know it’s easy for people to say ‘oh it’s only writing’ but for me it’s what I have wanted to do since I was little, the thought of being a writer made me burst with excitement, so how do I lose that? I think I started to lose it when I failed a module in my final year of college meaning I couldn’t graduate on time or with my class. That hit me hard. Although it was only a small bump in the road it still made me feel useless, like my work wasn’t good enough. I’m slowly finding my passion again and I couldn’t be happier, because while the last year has been bad on my writing and my blog it has also been one of the best year’s of my life all because of one person. I hate being the soft, mushy person that brags about their boyfriend but this is one of those times I’ll allow it. He is so supportive of my blog and my writing that he is the one who has made me believe in myself again and get my mojo back. I am a very lucky girl, he’s definitely a keeper. But, besides just him it’s a been a big year career wise I got promoted in work, eventually graduated in January this year and I got to travel a little and finally see New York and go back to London one my most favourite cities in the whole world.
So what are the plans for now? Well come June I will be travelling Asia! I am going to Japan, Hong Kong and the Philippines where my boyfriend is from and I couldn’t be more excited. A little scared for the injections before I go and the fact I’ve to take malaria tablets and the side effects but it will all be worth the experience. EEEK!!! So I plan on not only blogging about my trip but vlogging a bit of it too, my boyfriend has a go pro and what better time to use it and capture the amazing memories. I hope I tan though because I’m probably one of the whitest people on the planet and being Irish doesn’t help, it may take awhile to tan but I think I’ll get there. Until then my next few posts will be about how I’m prepping for my holiday ie, my clothes, injections and stuff like that but also getting back into fashion and makeup my other two favourite things!
I’ll put some images below of my last 12 months so you can get a snippet of it and I hope you’ll stay tuned for the next post!
I’ve always been a massive skincare addict ever since I was a young teenager but the one thing I never used in my daily routine until a few years ago was eye cream. When I was about 18/19 I noticed I had terrible lines under my eyes, they had come from nowhere and I was so upset. I thought I had wrinkles! Alas, I just needed to start using eye cream to help them out and now 3 years later my under eye area is better than ever.
Recently, I got sent a link to Reviews.com’s article on all things eye cream and I thought it was very interesting. In it it goes through the best recommendations for any problem you may be facing in your under eye area and goes into extensive research on the ingredients used in eye creams and what ingredients you should cut out because they can cause irritation, these include;
- mineral oils
It then goes into detail about the good ingredients we should use on our eyes and what ones work best for every different type of under eye problem ie, retinods work for wrinkles.
I got so much information from this article and I think you guys should definitely check it out too if you love your skincare and don’t know where to begin with your under eyes like me. I can’t wait to try some of the recommendations and I’ll be sure to give an update.
My own personal favourite eye cream range is from Estée Lauder, they’re so good for my undereye lines and bags! I’ve listed more information about how these ones work in my skincare post a few weeks back.
I went for dinner with my family for Mother’s Day on Sunday to celebrate with my Mam and Nannie. I decided to do some glam makeup for the evening and was so happy with how it turned out! My gold plate choker is from Warehouse and I’m wearing Foxylocks extensions in Latte Blonde.
- Catrice Prime and Fine Primer
- Chanel Perfection Lumiére foundation, shade B40
- Chanel, Soleil tan de Chanel
- MAC Pro-Longwear concealer, shade NC20
- PS Pro Loose Powder, Light
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer, contour and crease
- Benefit Ka-Brow, Shade 4
- Charlotte Tilbury, Eyes to Mesmerise Marie Antoinette
- MAC, English Gilt pigment
- MUG Cocoa Bear
- Ardell Demi Wispies
- Ciate London, Wonderland Mascara
- Giorgio Armani, Fluid Sheer shade 1
- ABH x Nicole Guerriero, Forever Lit
- Inglot 403 lipstick
- NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss
- UD Setting Spray
Follow me on my social media platforms, links can be found at the top right of the page!
This Valentine’s Day I’ll be having a Galentine’s Day with some girlfriends. We’re going to see Fifty Shades, eat loads of popcorn and have a gossip at dinner. Even though we have no men right now we’re all pretty excited to have a chill evening and just catch-up and enjoy each other’s company without having the pressures on us to have a boyfriend.👯
But even though we’re single we’re still going to get a little dressed up for each other. I put together this Get Ready With Me guide to what I feel is perfect for a cinema date night with whoever you’re spending time with this Valentine’s Day.
PS. I know that black isn’t a colour associated with V-Day but I can’t gear away from it, it looks so effortless on! With some thick winged liner, my SOSU Holly lashes and some matt nude lips, you can’t go wrong!🙈
- Obsessed with these high rose mom jeans from Missguided, I usually don’t wear ripped denims often but I love how the rips in these aren’t too in your face. €45
- I’m all about the bodysuit trend right now and I think this one gives you the best of both worlds with the chocker too! €27 on Missguided.
- I love this Leather Jacket from Warehouse. It’s so comfy and a leather jacket makes any outfit go from drab to fab. It’s such a staple piece whether it be on a casual day or night out, a leather jacket brings life to any outfit! €77.
- Incase the leather is too much black, which I totally get for some people you could always go with a denim jacket. This trend is so popular right now and everyone can pull off a denim jacket. I bought this one recently from Boohoo for only €34 but I think right now it’s reduced to €29.
- The boot is always going to be in and these two boots are so amazing! If I wear the leather jacket I would go for the grey boots from Boohoo for only €38 and if I wear the denim then I would wear the black from Missguided for €68.
- I love this Bonded Hobo Shopper bag from Warehouse. It fit everything inside it and because I have the two colours matches everything! Again I will wear the mink colour if I go with the grey shoes and leather jacket and the black if I decide on the black shoes and black bag! €40
Now for the fun stuff, the jewelry. I LOVE a good necklace like every other woman so I’ve picked out some pieces from AUrate New York that will match my outfit perfectly!
- This stunning 14k yellow gold Pearl Collar would wrap around the neck piece of my bodysuit so well. It would just be the right amount of feminine class to add the the look.
- Again another classic neck piece, The Black Stone Collar, the simplicity of this chocker is just so amazing. It give such a timeless look and would really tie together the all-black look I love going for so well.
You can find these pieces and more in the AUrate gold necklace collection here. They do some gorgeous rings, bracelets and earrings to which I included my favourite two and linked each one below too. My ears aren’t pierced!
Dont forget to shop the full AU Rate New York Website here!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Follow me on Social Media and let’s be friends.
- Twitter – @kellieodonoghue
- Instagram – @kellieodonoghue