I’ve always been a massive skincare addict ever since I was a young teenager but the one thing I never used in my daily routine until a few years ago was eye cream. When I was about 18/19 I noticed I had terrible lines under my eyes, they had come from nowhere and I was so upset. I thought I had wrinkles! Alas, I just needed to start using eye cream to help them out and now 3 years later my under eye area is better than ever.
Recently, I got sent a link to Reviews.com’s article on all things eye cream and I thought it was very interesting. In it it goes through the best recommendations for any problem you may be facing in your under eye area and goes into extensive research on the ingredients used in eye creams and what ingredients you should cut out because they can cause irritation, these include;
- mineral oils
It then goes into detail about the good ingredients we should use on our eyes and what ones work best for every different type of under eye problem ie, retinods work for wrinkles.
I got so much information from this article and I think you guys should definitely check it out too if you love your skincare and don’t know where to begin with your under eyes like me. I can’t wait to try some of the recommendations and I’ll be sure to give an update.
My own personal favourite eye cream range is from Estée Lauder, they’re so good for my undereye lines and bags! I’ve listed more information about how these ones work in my skincare post a few weeks back.
This Valentine’s Day I’ll be having a Galentine’s Day with some girlfriends. We’re going to see Fifty Shades, eat loads of popcorn and have a gossip at dinner. Even though we have no men right now we’re all pretty excited to have a chill evening and just catch-up and enjoy each other’s company without having the pressures on us to have a boyfriend.👯
But even though we’re single we’re still going to get a little dressed up for each other. I put together this Get Ready With Me guide to what I feel is perfect for a cinema date night with whoever you’re spending time with this Valentine’s Day.
PS. I know that black isn’t a colour associated with V-Day but I can’t gear away from it, it looks so effortless on! With some thick winged liner, my SOSU Holly lashes and some matt nude lips, you can’t go wrong!🙈
- Obsessed with these high rose mom jeans from Missguided, I usually don’t wear ripped denims often but I love how the rips in these aren’t too in your face. €45
- I’m all about the bodysuit trend right now and I think this one gives you the best of both worlds with the chocker too! €27 on Missguided.
- I love this Leather Jacket from Warehouse. It’s so comfy and a leather jacket makes any outfit go from drab to fab. It’s such a staple piece whether it be on a casual day or night out, a leather jacket brings life to any outfit! €77.
- Incase the leather is too much black, which I totally get for some people you could always go with a denim jacket. This trend is so popular right now and everyone can pull off a denim jacket. I bought this one recently from Boohoo for only €34 but I think right now it’s reduced to €29.
- The boot is always going to be in and these two boots are so amazing! If I wear the leather jacket I would go for the grey boots from Boohoo for only €38 and if I wear the denim then I would wear the black from Missguided for €68.
- I love this Bonded Hobo Shopper bag from Warehouse. It fit everything inside it and because I have the two colours matches everything! Again I will wear the mink colour if I go with the grey shoes and leather jacket and the black if I decide on the black shoes and black bag! €40
Now for the fun stuff, the jewelry. I LOVE a good necklace like every other woman so I’ve picked out some pieces from AUrate New York that will match my outfit perfectly!
- This stunning 14k yellow gold Pearl Collar would wrap around the neck piece of my bodysuit so well. It would just be the right amount of feminine class to add the the look.
- Again another classic neck piece, The Black Stone Collar, the simplicity of this chocker is just so amazing. It give such a timeless look and would really tie together the all-black look I love going for so well.
You can find these pieces and more in the AUrate gold necklace collection here. They do some gorgeous rings, bracelets and earrings to which I included my favourite two and linked each one below too. My ears aren’t pierced!
Dont forget to shop the full AU Rate New York Website here!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Follow me on Social Media and let’s be friends.
- Twitter – @kellieodonoghue
- Instagram – @kellieodonoghue
I haven’t done a skincare post in so so long and since my last one everything has changed. For obvious reasons, one; I’ve discovered new, amazing products and 2; I’m getting older so I’ve started using products that will keep my skin young. The one thing that hasn’t changed is my lush mask, I’ve been using the same one for years and years.🙈
For starters I’m normal/sensitive skin. Down below is a step by step guide to how I take care of my skin. I’m including my face masks in this because I use them three times a week, on the days I don’t wear masks I just use the creams and cleansers.😊
- Always wash your face with warm water in the morning.
- Human + Kind Wash-Off Cleanser
- Esteé Lauder Toning Lotion
- Human + Kind Moisturiser (this stuff changed my skin around end of summer I was getting break-outs from no where and this cleared it right up. Highly recommend)
- Esteé Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ (anti-aging)
- Esteé Lauder DayWear Moisturiser
- Nivea Coconut Lip Butter (apply throughout the day)
- Garnier Micellar Water to remove the day’s makeup.
- Esteé Lauder Makeup-Remover Cleansing Lotion
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty (Leave on for about 8 minutes, so amazing!!)
- Scentio Coconut & CO-Q Facial Scrub Firming (present from Thailand. Leave on skin for 5 mins in the shower before washing off)
- Lush Sugar Plum Lip Mask
- Back in with the Esteé Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+
- Esteé Lauder Nightwear Plus Moisturiser
- Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye (anti-aging)
- Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair Oil (anti-aging)
I know there is a lot of Esteé Lauder products on this list but I think their skincare is so amazing, their anti-aging skincare is beyond incredible and even though I’m only 21 it’s never too early to start looking after your skin in my opinion. This may also seem like a lot of steps and that’s because it is but taking out the masks, it takes five minutes in the morning and five minutes at night.
The Human and Kind range is also extremely good for sensitive skin. Back around September/October time my skin was not nice, it was breaking out and getting very dry which are two things I’ve never suffered from. I started to use these products then and haven’t stopped since. They changed my skin within a week and since then I haven’t gotten any dryness or breakouts. I couldn’t be happier with how my skin looks and feels right now.😍
If you have tried any of these products let me know your thoughts and also let me know if you have any recommendations on some that you use if you have skin like mine I’d love to try them out.❤️
These are the most recent images of my skin, I know I have makeup on by your can see how clear it is underneath it.☺️
Check out my social media below:
I’ve been loving this eye look lately and have been wearing it non-stop both day and night. It looks very glamourous and only uses three eyeshadows, including a MAC pigment.
- New Years Eve with Jessie❤️
I have tried to write on my blog for the past four weeks, and everytime I sat down at my laptop and began to type I just couldn’t. I was unable to do what I loved most, write. I had gotten bad news from college before the Christmas break. My aim for 2017 is to give my all to this blog and focus more on myself, friends and family rather than social expectations. I’m a strong believer in what will be will always find a way.
- Pre- New Years Eve with Kerry❤️
So after that ramble I decided to start off my blog my doing my Best of Beauty 2016. I love watching these videos on YouTube and I really wanted to do my own. Hope you enjoy. X.
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation:
- I honestly cannot rave about this foundation enough, I bought it back in March and never looked back. It’s the perfect coverage that I love and the shade range is amazing. I’m in the shade Medium 54 for when I’m using a self-tanner. It lasts all day whenever I use it and photographs so so well.